Friday 31 October 2014

WOW!

What a week it has been! I have experienced every emotion possible but it has been great. And yes I am surviving without hair gel! I have spent this week teaching with Matt and Ellie at Safe Haven school and have also been to school on a mat.

David at Safe Haven School
It has been great working closely with Matt and Ellie as they both have amazing gifts and I have learnt a lot from them already. I think the most moving, inspirational and heart warming day was when we went to school on a mat. The children were so welcoming and lovely. It was a joy to teach them and to see them laughing when I was doing my animal impressions for them to copy is an image that will stay with me for many years to come. The smiles on their faces has been one of the best moments of this trip so far for me. The CHO team has been beyond helpful and they have supplied us with wonderful meals, lovely accommodation, some fantastic translating which has been very helpful indeed and much more.

Today we have had a very interesting day. It started with me and Michelle leading devotions where we spoke about  1 Corinthians 13 verses 1-13. Michelle did great and it was very inspiring. We visited Samoura,who is a pastor in the area, and his family. It was very interesting listening to him and I loved looking round his home, although I wasn't too keen about the crab that suddenly appeared at our feet at one point. We then went to visit another CHO project where they fix and work on motorbikes. I found this very interesting and was fascinated by how clever they were and how they worked and what they used to repair them. We then came back for lunch and then went out to Safe Haven in the afternoon where we listened to Katie (a UK physiotherapist who is also here) talk about health issues and Tim gave a terrific talk about the Bible. Fab job Tim! I am very much looking forward to the rest of this week and what is to come.
Every blessing to everyone!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback. It should be published on this page once we have checked it.